Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Visit from my Sisters (and... 4 days and counting!)

This weekend, for a change, I didn’t venture out of Pisa. Having a lot of busy-work to do and plenty of preparations left for next week’s adventures, I decided to hold the fort in Via Pasquale Galluppi. The highlight of the weekend was welcoming my sorority sisters Ploy and Yuri (my adoptive little sister!), who spent Saturday night in Pisa. We toured the city (for the whole fifteen minutes that required) and went out for pizza with Ramòn. (I had salmon and mascarpone—wow, delicious.) We got some gelato which was, as always, wonderful. I’m not sure how I will ever be able to eat in the United States again. The food here is just consistently… fantastic.

Anastasia and Alex arrive in four days. It's pretty incredible that we only met a year ago, and just because of the dumb luck that I ended up spending a summer in LA and my mom happened to remember that we had some relatives on the West Coast who "might be worth meeting for lunch one day." Exploring Europe with them will be an experience of a lifetime. I can hardly believe they’re almost here!!!

No comments: