These days, I work almost exclusively at the Scuola Normale Superiore in the NEST lab. Technically, I’m a student in the Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna ARTS lab because this is where the professor who is formally sponsoring me works, but I have not even stepped foot inside that building since the beginning of July. Often times, in the morning, I’ll spend an hour or so at the CRIM lab in the Cisanello hospital in the outskirts of ten people who work there regularly. Such an isolated environment does not permit an influx of exciting new ideas and perspectives.
NEST is great because it’s tucked away in a tiny piazza but it is right in the center of Sometimes I catch a glimpse of my shadow in my heels on a swing made for people far smaller than me and I just burst out laughing. Anyway, I had to at least try to share the image with you.
I enjoy the environment here at the Scuola Normale Superiore (or simply "la Normale"). The facilities are sparkling new, I have my own desk space, and there are plenty of chances for me to converse with people in both Italian and French which of course thrills me to pieces. When I’m stuck at my computer, as I am today, I slip off my shoes and sit contentedly at my desk with my earbuds on, pleased that I keep my briefcase stocked with a large, fuzzy pair of bright blue socks with those no-slip grips on the bottom. So now, back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment